Just like all primary schools in England we are in receipt of Sports Premium funding. In the financial year 17/18, the school received £17,180 Our funding is used to provide Continuous Professional Development to our teaching staff through a company called Sporting Influence. Sporting Influence is a group of professional coaches and teachers who train staff in sports' skills. Staff are given the opportunity to watch experts teaching and then they are observed by the coaches. This has been very successful in building up teachers’ skills and has enabled children to try many sports, to which some of them may not ordinarily have access.
Our priorities for 17/18 are to:
- Work towards achieving the Active Mark Bronze award;
- Continue the "Run a Mile" initiative;
- Continue to increase pupil participation in extra-curricular sports clubs and lunchtime activities;
- Purchase specialist equipment that will improve pupil performance in lessons and at competition level;
- Continue to extend the outdoor provision which can be accessed at lunch and play times with additional support from the P@WS;
- Purchase playtime and lunchtime games;
- To further improve the quality of school meals and packed lunches to ensure that pupils have the energy to take a full part in outdoor activities and achieve in all aspects of the curriculum;
- Improve staff skills and confidence through the provision of specialist coaching
- Continue to increase pupil participation in extra-curricular sports clubs.
- Purchase specialist equipment that will improve pupil performance in lessons and at competition level.
- Purchase playtime and lunchtime games.
- Provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum – those pupils who have gone through the school swimming programme and have not yet reached the minimum requirements.
- Top-up swimming lessons in Year 6.
We are in the process of recruiting a member of staff to take a lead on the implementation of the actions stated above.