Art - Curriculum Intent
Our art curriculum is ambitious and accessible for all pupils.
- Pupils’ learning is planned sequentially to ensure that prior artistic knowledge is built upon and revisited to aid the transfer of knowledge to long term memory.
- Pupils will develop the ability to convey meaning, express thoughts and ideas to others through Art and Design.
- Pupils will create art using a range of media and materials and to develop artistic skills and techniques.
- Pupils will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the RESPECT values within art.
- Pupils will study a range of artists and compare and contrast their work.