Design and Technology - Curriculum Intent
Our Design & Technology curriculum is ambitious and accessible for all pupils.
- Pupils’ learning is planned sequentially to ensure that prior technical knowledge is built upon and revisited to aid the transfer of knowledge to long term memory.
- Pupils will learn how to follow an iterative process to design and plan a product to meet a need.
- Pupils will evaluate their own and others’ ideas to help improve their work.
- Pupil will learn how to make good use of tools, materials and mechanisms.
- Pupils will also learn how to use ingredients to create a healthy diet.
- Pupils will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the RESPECT values within DT.