History - Curriculum Intent
Our history curriculum is ambitious and accessible for all pupils.
- Pupils will remember and recall important facts and knowledge from historical periods including those from the wider world.
- Pupils will acquire historical knowledge; use a range of sources to learn that past events can be interpreted in different ways and to ask effective questions.
- Pupils’ learning is planned sequentially to ensure that prior historical knowledge is built upon and revisited to aid the transfer of knowledge to long term memory.
- Pupils will be curious and apply their knowledge to understand how past events have influenced our world.
- Pupils will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the RESPECT values within history.