Music is important at Woodfield. All children participate in Music lessons with their class teacher, developing their musical knowledge, skills and understanding. There is an opportunity to be part of a school choir and we are developing opportunities to perform to a wider audience within the local community. Musical performances are actively encouraged, providing opportunities to promote individual talents and personal confidence.
Our MFL curriculum is ambitious and accessible for all pupils.
- Pupils will perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of genres.
- Pupils will learn about the works of the great composers and musicians.
- Pupils will create and compose music on their own and with others.
- Pupils will begin to learn how to play a musical instrument.
- Pupils will understand and explore how music is created.
- Pupils will begin to read music and notations.
- Pupils will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the RESPECT values within Music.