At Woodfield Community Primary School, we strongly believe that our children have a big role to play in the development of our school. That's why we have re-established our School Council this year.
There was a real buzz around the school as children were preparing their speeches to their class as to why they should be elected and then a secret ballot was held. This helped us to understand DEMOCRACY, one of our British Values.
Our School council are elected through a democratic vote by all children within the school. We have regular meetings where minutes are taken and actions are recorded. All Councillors are aware of their responsibilities and what makes a good school Councillor.
The School Council Roles:
- Be a pupil voice for all the children.
- Represent their class at meetings
- Share ideas and issues that may have been raised.
- Hold events and fundraising events to fund ideas put forward.
- Liaise with staff and governors in the school
- Show visitors round the school
- Write articles for the school newsletter.