I hope this letter finds you all well and safe.
The staff at Woodfield have been working very hard to make sure school is a safe and welcoming place for your children and we are looking forward to seeing them again. We will begin our phased reopening to pupils in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 on Tuesday 2nd June. We will reopen to Year 6 on Monday 8th June. Although we are looking forward to welcoming children back to school, the decision to send children back still remains with parents. If you have chosen to keep your child at home and then change your mind, you must let school know the week before so that we can ensure we have enough space and tables available.
There will be lots of mixed feelings for children and parents about returning to school – this is normal and felt by all. We hope this letter will reassure you that to the very best of our abilities the governors and all the staff at Woodfield Primary School will endeavour to keep your child as safe and happy as possible on their return.
I have included some photos so children can see what classrooms will look like. Please speak to your child about coming back to school to prepare them for the changes in school. You may want to talk about any worries they may have or what they are looking forward to. Please also talk about and practise handwashing routines and social distancing (where possible if you have very young children!)
Classrooms: Desks are separate, individual resources are on the tables and 2m markers on the floor to help social distancing and routes around the classroom to wash hands.
Dining Room has 2m markers and arrows showing which direction to walk in.
A reminder of some of the arrangements and routines for school.
- Start and finish times will be staggered. We will be closed to all pupils on Wednesday afternoons. There will be no breakfast or afterschool clubs at this time.
If you child’s surname begins with letters A – L
If you child’s surname begins with letters M - Z
- Only one parent/ adult should drop off or collect. It is important to follow the markings to help maintain 2m social distancing.
- No PE kits or book bags in school. We will not be swapping reading books or sending work home.
- School will provide school dinners as normal. If children usually bring a packed lunch from home they may bring this to school. Children will also need a water bottle with their name on.
- For pupils in Robins who usually bring a change bag – please bring this as normal – we will keep this in school and return only when it needs changing.
- For pupils not attending school, home learning will be on Class Pages, this will reflect the work that pupils are doing in school.
We look forward to seeing your children soon.
Mr Mathew Atkinson Miss Jo Marwood
Acting Executive Headteacher Acting Head of School