Below, we have included some useful resources from various departments and charities for families to use during the period of closure and general support during this time when discussing Coronavirus:
- The home of wellbeing and mental health for young people in North Yorkshire - https://www.thegoto.org.uk/
- Hints and tips from Liverpool CAMHS https://wakelet.com/wake/564d7bc8-4bc9-462f-a9e1-2deb03150c3f
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Carers UK - Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- Amaze - information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
- Public Health England have produced an easy read version of their Advice on the coronavirus for places of education. You can download it here
- The Village Harrogate (formally Baby Basics). If there is anyone who you think would find a little help, community and friendship helpful then please email us on [email protected].
Please find below a number of resources that have been shared within the DFE and from our regional sites:
- BPS guidance - https://www.bps.org.uk/news-and-policy/talking-children-about-coronavirus
- BACP guidance around managing anxiety - https://www.bacp.co.uk/news/news-from-bacp/2020/28-february-coronavirus-anxiety-how-to-cope-if-you-re-feeling-anxious-about-the-outbreak/
- Anna Freud links - Supporting schools & colleges: A guide to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of pupils and students during periods of disruption There are also two videos, one for parents and one for children and young people which may be useful.